What is Typio?
Typio is a fully accessible typing tutor for children and adults. Typio is equipped with guided instruction through the entire keyboard, customizable practice lessons, individual student record keeping and fun sound effects. A simple and customizable interface creates a distraction-free learning environment for students of all need levels.
Highly-visual and entirely audible, Typio provides complete accessibility without being complicated. Let Typio make teaching easy!
What are the typing modes?
Review the included lessons to increase your score or type custom lessons. Custom lessons are easy to create. Simply type whatever you want or copy and paste text from other sources!
Free Type Mode
Press any key on the keyboard to hear what it is. It's also displayed visually along with an on-screen keyboard that lights up as you type!
How about accessibility?
- Visual highlight of typed letters.
- On-screen keyboard matches your students color settings.
- Choose from a variety of font sizes, from small to large.
- An array of colors for text, backgrounds and accessories.
- Clean, simple and distraction-free user interface.
- Customize speed and pitch of various voices.
- Tons of fun sound effects!
- Audible presentation of typing prompt.
- Audible feedback of key presses.
- Designed to be used entirely without vision.
- Typio is an all-inclusive accessible program. No outside accessibility software is required!
- Great solution for users who have difficulty with more advanced adaptive software.
- Can be used as a teaching tool for understanding basic computer concepts.
How does Typio operate?
Each student’s individual visual, audible and program settings are automatically loaded each time they start the program. Typio makes it easy to balance multiple students!
Program menus and interface are simple and uniform. All one needs to navigate the menus are up, down, enter and escape!
What else does Typio offer?
- Typio is great for keeping track of student progress and crafting IEP goals.
- Words-per-minute, Accuracy and key combo shared after each lesson.
- Detailed reports are automatically saved, ready for printing or sharing.
- Check past lessons, view averages and keep record of Free Type sessions.
Designed by Teachers
- Designed and developed by a blind rehabilitation instructor (MSEd., COMS, CVRT, CATIS).
- Tested by Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI’s) and other Special Education teachers.
- Fine-tuned to meet teacher recommendations and student needs.
Fun Sound Effects
- Each student profile can choose their own sound scheme.
- Add a little fun to typing with ninja, fantasy, space, musical or basic sounds.
- Uniform sound cues help guide students through the program.
What are the system requirements?
The aim of Typio is to be accessible to as many students as possible. As such, Typio’s system requirements are quite low. It should work on any Windows computer.
- Windows operating system.
- An internet connection for initial installation and registration.
- Optional: Typio can use other SAPI TTS voices installed on your computer. Additional voices can be purchased from various vendors online. If you’re unsure about other voices, don’t worry. All modern builds of Windows include default voices which can be used.
How to get Typio!
Typio – $100
Digital download of Typio with a single activation license. Download link and activation license will be emailed once checkout is complete. Each license is good for installation on one computer. More info...
Accessibyte Bundle – $250
Get Typio, Quick Cards and Accessibyte Arcade together and save! The Accessibyte Software Bundle includes licenses for all three program. Each license is good for installation on one computer. More info...
Free Demo Download
Try before you buy! This 10-day free trial includes the same great features of the retail version of Typio. You can upgrade to the retail version at any time. Just download and install to test out Typio!