Typio Online is a highly visual and entirely audible typing tutor in the cloud
Give your students a fun and engaging way to learn typing right in the browser
Built for Student and Teacher Needs
- Built specifically for blind and visually impaired typists.
- Visual Enhancements for low vision users.
- 100% accessible without vision.
- No outside assistive technology required. Typio Online is accessible right in the browser.
Developed by Teachers
- Designed and developed by an assitive technology instructor (MSEd., COMS, CVRT, CATIS).
- Tested by Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI’s) and other Special Education teachers.
- Full integration with optional Teacher Dashboard.
Log In From Anywhere
- Students pick up right where they left off at school or home.
- Mac, Chromebook, Windows, Android, PC, Laptop, Tablet, Phone.
- No installation required. Just log in, it’s that easy.
A really fun incentive for learning
Raise your Typing Pet!
Train your pet by completing typing lessons. Feed them to customize their look & sound. Play typing games with your wacky pet.
Students Love Typio Online
How to teach with Typio Online
Individualize & Customize
Customize visual, audible and program settings to meet the needs of your student. Typio is designed to make learning easier.
Set Student Goals
Easily set each student’s speed and accuracy goals. Typio will automatically advance once those goals are met.
The interface is simple and easy to understand. All your student needs for independence are up, down, enter and escape!
A spectrum of typing tools
Students are guided through the entire keyboard, automatically saving progress and progressing only when they meet the goals you set.
A fast and fresh way to practice without burning out. Users are given 10 random typing prompts focused on the most recently learned key.
Students type freely, without prompting from Typio, yet still receive useful feedback on their typing skills.
Press any key on the keyboard to hear what it is. It’s also displayed visually along with an on-screen keyboard that lights up as you type!
- Windows 7, Windows 10
- Chromebook, Chrome OS
- MacOS, OS X
- Internet connection
- A hardware keyboard (USB, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Google Chrome internet browser
- A love for accessible technology