Installing the online applications on your device
Typio and Accessibyte All Access are online applications that can be accessed by logging in with your internet browser. This requires users to enter their username and password to access the apps. Some users may need assistance with this process, so we’ve included several ways of logging in.
School Edition users often rely on the 1-Click Login feature with their students. If you have a School Edition license, check out the instructions for creating a 1-Click Login.
Both Home and School Edition users can install Accessibyte as a Progressive Web App (PWA). That’s a technical term meaning the site can be installed to your desktop or home screen, then operate the same as any other application you’ve installed.
Read below for instructions on how to install Typio or Accessibyte on your device.
Installing on Windows computers
- In the Microsoft Edge browser, visit the Accessibyte login page.
- Click the three dots “Settings” button in the top right (Or press Alt + F).
- Click ‘Install this site as an app’.
- Click Install.
- Ensure only the ‘Create Desktop shortcut’ option is checked, then click allow.
- The app will open in it’s own window. Close it.
Installing on Chromebook devices
- In the Chrome browser, visit the Accessibyte login page.
- Click the ‘Install’ button on the top right of your address bar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the page as an app.
Installing on Apple devices
- In the Safari browser, visit the Accessibyte login page.
- Tap the square with an arrow pointing up “share” button at the bottom center of the screen.
- Tap ‘Add to Home Screen’.
- Tap ‘Add’ in the top right corner.
On all devices, when you launch the app shortcut, you’ll find a ‘Keep me logged in’ checkbox. Check that box, then sign in. From that point forward the app shortcut will go directly into your account without asking for a username and password.
After launching the app you’ll notice a new ‘Close Application’ option on the main menu. Choose that option to close the app without needing to enter your login information the next time you open it.
If you choose the ‘Logout’ option, the next time you launch the app you’ll reach the standard login screen.
On Apple devices, the Close button on the Typio title screen may not close the application. If that is the case on your device, you can instead close the app from the app switcher or simply return to your home screen the same way you would from any other application.
This process is entirely optional. Most users will rely on the standard login process. So if installing the website as an application gives you any trouble, you can completely ignore it.
This process works for Typio, Typio Pro and Accessibyte All Access users with Home User or School Edition accounts. This process doesn’t apply to Typio for Windows users.